This building was built in 1923 facing east along 9th Avenue between
7th and 8th Streets. Over the years it was used as a high school,
a junior high, and an elementary school.
A cafeteria building (1934) was situated just west (behind this
building), a Home Economics building just across 8th St. to the north,
and a gymnasium (1935) just across 8th St. to the northeast. Just
west of the gym sat the "little kindergarten" building (1920's cottage
moved here in 1936) now located at Palmetto Historical Park. (see Other