Some Statistics of Palmetto Schools
- Palmetto Elementary was rated an A school in 2004 and in
- In the school year 2004-05 (7/05/05)
Palmetto El has 878 students enrolled in Kindergarten through
- In the "School Building Survey" of 1947,
Pal El had 261 students in 1945-46, and 248 students in 1946-47.
- In the school year 2006-07
Palmetto El has 44"Regular" & 8 "Support" teachers,
7 "Special Area" teachers, 35 staff, for 94 total staff.
- Approximately 100 years ago Palmetto
El had one teacher and no staff.
- A building designated for use as a school
has been available in the Palmetto area since the 1880's.
- The Palmetto Academy built by the City
of Palmetto was the first public school in Manatee County.
- In 1999, Palmetto El had 25% (4 of 16)
of Manatee County's first National Board Certified Teachers.
- The gym was built in 1935 for $15,000.
- The two-story Frankie A. Howze School
building was built in 1926 for $62,500.
- The two-story Senior High building was
built in 1923 for $75,000.
- The basic school site between 7th and
8th Streets and 9th and 10th avenues contains 3 1/2 to 4
- The auditorium of the Frankie A. Howze
school was 140 feet long X 75 feet wide, and had a capacity
- In Diane Beck, Debbie Panagiotakis, Minnie Rivera, and Renee Varnadore Palmetto El has the friendliest,
most courteous office staff in the county.